Wednesday, July 7, 2010

this one is easy

Maria's (totally accurate) Shortlist of Albums that influenced her life, arranged by year: Brownell Middle School Edition



7th Grade

"Aaron's Party (Come Get It)," Aaron Carter"

Ain't no doubt about it
I can't wait to get home to you
(I gotta get home, yeah, uh, uh, come on.)
Connected with my baby
Just jammin online with you
(online, online, online)

Here in my room we are as one
(together you and me, together you and me)
Hours connect
As we switch on (switch on)

[Chorus]
She's my best kept secret
My internet girl (my internet girl)
She's my one and only
And I ain't tellin' the world (my internet girl)

She's my best kept secret
Hooked up all night with that girl
(my internet girl)
She's my one and only, my internet girl
(my internet girl)
My internet girl, my internet girl.

Shufflin' through my windows
Gotta find my way back to you
(I gotta find away, gotta find a way)
(I gotta find a way, gotta find a way)

You left me mail in the inbox
Thinkin' about what we should do
(I will type again girlfriend, so tell me, tell me what you wanna do)

You left me the password to your heart
(yeah, that's it. I got it.)
No lookin' back we clicked from the start
I wanna let you know
She's mine

[Chorus X2. fade]

"Briefcase Full of Blues," The Blues Brothers

I probably watched this movie once a week before I made friends in 7th grade. This was the last album I bought at Harmony House, back when Harmony House still existed and I could ride my bike to it. Afterward I probably rode my bike to get ice cream by myself, because, ya know, I was old enough finally.







8th Grade

"The Spirit Room," Michelle Branch

~Finding myself as a tween female singer-songwriter phase~








"This Way," Jewel

~Finding myself as a tween female singer-songwriter phase~









"White Blood Cells," The White Stripes

This is actually probably the first album that made me realize people made cool noises on guitar. I think I was a little bit scared of it though. I mean, compare the opening riff of "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" to the John Shanks produced "Everywhere" off of "The Spirit Room." Sometimes I really miss making mix cds for myself with Michelle Branch, Jewel, and the White Stripes. I always made cheesy printed out covers for them too. Those were the days.

No comments: